A lot of gameplay features have been implemented in this new Metal Gear Solid episode to bring the stealth experience to another level of realism. Here are some of them:
- You will be able to Mark enemies and other elements when they are in your field of view in order to keep track of them from all around the map.
- A new Indicator System will show you the direction from which an enemy is looking at you and about to spot you (white indicator) and will also show the direction from which you are taking damage (red indicator).
- For a more immersive experience, there will only be a numeric display which will appear on the bottom right of your screen, showing the weapon equipped and the rounds remaining. This means no life gauge or any map/radar*.
- You will be able to control several types of vehicles like, jeeps, trucks and even tanks.
- The Reflex Mode will allow you to trigger extra moves as the action slows down to give you a longer time frame to make a decision after being spotted.
- The iDroid* feature will display lots of information such as the map and several options that you will be able to activate from it.
You will be able to disable some of the features, like the Indicators, the Crosshair, the Mark system and the Reflex Mode in the Option Menu for a more challenging experience and some grade/score bonuses.
*The map/radar will be accessible through the new iDroid feature.